Saturday, September 13, 2008

Pope John Paul II We Love You

Technorati Profile



The Pope of the people. He made unbelievable changes in his years as the leader of our church. He was the driving force in uniting different religions to act as one. He met with rabbis, with Muslim leaders, with leaders of different nations. The youth loved him so much. The last time he went here in my country was 1995, we were all ecstatic. i was hooked on the tv, I watched him, I listened to his words and followed his every step. Everywhere he went everyone was following him. Everyone wanted to be blessed by him.


He was the greatest pope of all time. Nothing can surpass his pureness, his strong presence. No one was as pure as him. People who met or touched him says that the pope had this light aura in him. Whenever you're near him you felt a sense of peace inside you, it was like you're in the presence of God or in the presence of goodness. People even cried, just the sight of the pope made them cry. No one could explain the feeling they had and no one could understand that feeling. Even my mom felt that peacefulness the pope had in him, it was 1981 the first visit of Pope John here in the Philippines, my mom and her friend were walking at Luneta Park when the Popemobile passed by, my mom felt goose bumps, she said she felt so light and peaceful, my mom never felt that way before, she said the pope blessed them, the pope blessed the crowd that time. I just hope i was able to feel that peacefulness and purity that the pope brought whenever you're near him.


When he died last 2005 it was like i lost my grandpa. I know the Catholic church will never be the same without Pope John. My church, our church will never be the same. But I still believe that our new pope, Pope Benedict will bring us closer to God. He will also make his mark in our church. To Pope John Paul II, continue blessing us, ur children, we miss you. JOHN PAUL II WE LOVE YOU!!



1 comment:

Jane Jane said...

I miss him a lot. Truly, he made an enormous change in church.