Tuesday, August 26, 2008

spice girls: girl power

Spice-Girls-v02.jpg


the only girl group/band that made a huge impact in the world. everyone was craving for them, everyone loved them. i, for one, was a very big fan of the group. i bought all of their posters and magazines no matter how expensive they were. no other group had achieved what they had achieved. i wrote a letter to the girls way back 1998, i really did, it was just a fan mail. my friends might be laughing at me right now but i don't care. and guess what, i received an autographed picture of the girls, i was so ecstatic, i was so happy. i kept the picture in my drawer, i still have it now. i am and i will forever be proud that i like and love the spice girls. even though my cousins and sister used to tease me about it, i didn't change. my admiration for the girls didn't change. i will forever be their numero uno fan. i would really love to meet them. i am praying for that to happen, anything is possible. right ............:)?


it was so surreal that they reunited last year (2007- until early this year 2008), it was a joyous moment for all their fans. i always checked their site to know where they are going, their concert schedules and stuff. i was a little sad because they have no schedule here to do a show in my country, but its ok. it was enough for me to know that they are back together. i have youtube to help me with the updates of their shows and to get a glimpse of the girls. :)


thank you SPICE GIRLS for the Girl Power genre you have created. you inspired a lot of women to be strong and to be able to fight for our rights. you truly are five precious gems.

No comments: